PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue to shed 400 jobs ....
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2009, 10:28
HOBAY 3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, Adelaide-Hobart-Adelaide is no longer it seems after from April
Is this true? I don't know whether to believe you Skybus_319 given that it is your first post! The flights have disappeared from the booking engine, but so have plenty of others (like some CBR-ADL for example). Given that DJ are still updating their schedules for NS09, I don't think we can say that the flights are gone yet. Well, I hope not anyway; EWL will be ramming humble pie down my throat if they do go .

Looking at availability on ADL-HBA in the next few weeks, they appear to be very full. Lots of days where you can't get a flight for under $400 in either direction. I would be surprised if DJ did drop this route; they've just added a HBA-CBR, so if they can fill 70 seats a day to CBR, they should be able to fill 70 seats a day to ADL! Given that DJ have spent four and a half years building this route up and growing the market, I doubt that they would just throw it all away! Also the NS09 inbound and outbound HBA schedules aren't matching up overly well currently, so maybe there are some E-Jets replacing 737s to HBA for the winter period, and so there might be something like MEL-HBA-ADL flights in the pipeline?

I think the 8% cuts are being announced tomorrow, so I guess we'll find out then.