PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VP-BAF Samedan 12th Feb 2009 (Split From Samedan Overrun)
Old 19th Feb 2009, 08:59
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All right ,you hairy-chests,or perhaps hairy a$%%ES,perhaps you could ,in your professional capacities,give the figures you use for your aircraft,or the Falcon,if you know it, for the LDR,TODR,ASDA,ETC,for the conditions(use the piccy as a reference).Also,as you all seem to operate there,or thereabouts,what do you know about the requirements for runway swept clearances and braking action checks,at such airfields and how they are measured/utilised/passed to aircrew in flight?What is the MAProc,if it turns crap?Does theairfield spray `graffiti` paint on snow berms/banks as is common in Canada in the snow season,to show where the edges are,?,or do you all pull the `private plug` and hope you`ll be ok ?

PS,forgot,is the runway grooved,and sanded?
I guess you refer to me as well? (oh, Iīd love to have hear on the chest...)

I for one would not land in 3 km vis at LSZS. I would not land on a snowcovered rwy with no BA report. And I operate (these days) G.

But let me add: I definetaly donīt judge the pilots of that Falcon. If you go overhead and see the airfield and you feel you can "make it" safely, then...a Metar is a report probably 29,5 minutes old.

What I for one wonīt do - or at least I try to avoid that - is to put me in a "no alternative available position"

If I could see the field but would have to race against time and a solid thick shower - pull up, see the alternate.

I have not seen the notams/snowtams for LSZS on that day. IF there was no BA report and the rwy looked on the approach like it looked on the pics AFTER the accident, I probably would have not tried to land.

Anyways, always easy to judge with hindsight.

MAPproc? You MUST be able to stay VFR AND climb above MSA. Thats (in my book) the whole story there...