PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Cockpit Door - What Do Pax Think?
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2009, 08:48
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
I did a couple of F50 trips from Stockholm to Berlin in early 90s with very light loads -on the second trip it was just me . On the first one I had an aisle seat a few rows back and was very aware of the swing about /yawing on approach .It alnost seemed like the FO who was flying let it wander a fair way off course then just booted it back straight rather than make constant corections. The other thing that stuck was the fact that we appeared to be headed for the approach lights not the runway but from my plane spotting days in the 60s I did recall that F27s had a marked apparent nose down attitude on aproach so wasn't too worried.

The second trip however was fantastic because a young LH crew asked me to join them ( me being the sole pax) about half way through the fight and let me stay upfront for the landing at Templehof-fantastic experience.

Digressing a bit but on the theme of slightly odd aircraft flying attiudes I flew several times around Europe on early DC8s used by AZ Swissair KLM etc when their LHR loads got too big for Caravelles or DC9s and lightly loaded these seemed to soar effortlessly aloft but with very little nose up attirude anyone else recall that
PB