PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOA funding of UK retirement age appeal
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2009, 08:45
Max Reheat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SFGDOG,

I am intrigued.... what has expressing an opinion on here got to do with CRM?

For your consideration...

If the RA65 is offered as ATY suggests, then I would suspect that most Captains would accept, perhaps after an attempted intervention by the AOA. As a consequence of that, your command would certainly be delayed for an in-quantifiable period. Explain to me, then, why on earth would a current FO choose to stay with the current contract (albeit on BPP) rather than have the opportunity of another 10 yrs as a Captain beyond the age of 55.

Don't forget either, that once you reach adulthood, your aspirations will change. Regardless of how clever you have been in creating a pot of gold, every day you are able not to dip into it will be a day that the pot can grow even larger. You are either deluded or a liar to suggest that you will retire at 55. And once at that ripe 'old' age when given the choice of remaining at CX or leaving and starting again with Korean or China Airlines etc then you would magnanimously choose the latter, merely to enhance the careers of a group of disenchanted junior employees whom you have never met and who incessantly post their hated on sites such as this.

You are allowing the red that is clouding your vision to cloud your judgement also.