PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOA funding of UK retirement age appeal
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2009, 08:25
SFGDOG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATY,

you seem to know how this is going to play out??? I hope you are correct in that it will be voluntary. Whilst I can't speak for all FO's or SO's, my prediction is that most that are not within spitting distance of command or close to being 55 will opt to stay with BPP. The phrase "bird in the hand" springs to mind. That then brings me back to my former point, why would the company do something like this unless it is forced (and it seems a long way from that at this time)? The quickest way to stop paying BPP in the current environment is to get rid of the extendees when their contracts expire. This kills two birds with one stone (those birds again). This helps reduce the overmanning, assuming the company is being truthful about being overmanned, and saves BPP.

I think we are more likely to see VSS offered in some new form than RA65 at the moment. Assuming that there is something to this GFC thing and airlines going bust all over the place and cutting capacity. But what would us pathetic teenagers know about those things anyway.