PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How/When did you apply for that 1st Job?
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2009, 08:16
skyhighbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How/When did you apply for that 1st Job?

I'm a little way off before I have to follw the advice you will hopefully give in response to this thread so this if anything, is just somethign to satisfy my curiosity.

Put simply, how/when do you apply for that first job. I'm sure you send your CVs out to any establishment that flies a plane. Not just the airlines. But do you send out your CV based on whether their website says they are recruiting or do you sent it out anyway so that "they have it on file"?

The same with the likes of easyjet/RyanairFlybe etc. Do you check their website twice a day and only send your CV once they say they are recruiting or do you send your CV to them anyway?

Did you send your CV to the likes of etihad, gulf, emirates, cathay, OMAN air! even though you know they are likely to have citizen requirements - in the slim hope that you get a reply saying that they are recruiting and will waive this or whatever?

Lastly and this is probably the most interesting question for me, is there anyone out there prepared to admit that after training, said to him/her self that they will apply ONLY to the airlines, if they get nothing back after 6 months, only then will they be realistic and look for non-airline flying jobs?

Cheers guys