PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Harrier dispute between Navy and RAF chiefs sees Army 'marriage counsellor' called in
Old 19th Feb 2009, 06:47
Pheasant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not convinced the GR4 has had it's day just yet, there is life in the "Fin" yet.

I accept it is not proven as a CAS asset yet but it is too early to write it off.
I think the point people are arguing, Insty, is why does it need to be converted for CAS when the GR9 is a far better CAS asset already doing the job in the stan and is the weapon of choice for the ground troops. If it were not for Torpy's desire to get the navy out of FW the Harrier would remain on task.

Finally sorry for not partaking in the Navy/RAF banter, I just hope to god both sides of the repartee are not representative of the Officer Corps in either service.
The Navy did not pick the fight. This seems to be a personal vendetta by Stirrup/Torpy and Anderson - interestingly all single seat jocks who do not understand CRM (ie take the team with you). What the RAF needs to do is follow the USAF and put a multiseat man in at the top (pref Truckie or Helo man, which is where the real effort is being expended in the RAF today - and for many years to come).