PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Emergency Exit Availability
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2009, 20:42
stezam65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks QA1

Dear Engineer,
thanks a lot for your help.
You gave me the correct informations I needed.
Just for anybodyelse info I paste all the pages concerning the data you gave me.
Thanks again. Grazie
Stef

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP747.PDF
pag.752.
To achieve, where possible, an orderly
approach to the exit from the aisle, the CAA has decided that the seat backs of those
seat rows immediately forward and aft of the exit access route from the aisle shall be
restricted in both recline and break forward not only to maintain the minimum access

width but also to maintain the seat back in an essentially upright attitude

Pag 755
The seat back of each seat which forms the boundary of the access route to each
Type III and Type IV emergency exit shall be restricted in its movement (break forward
and recline, where fitted) so as to maintain the minimum access to the exit required
by paragraph 4.1, and ensure that the seat back is in an essentially upright position
(i.e. fully forward or fully back, but not exceeding ±35° from the vertical), without

overlapping the projected opening of the exit

Pag 756
It is a requirement that fold-up meal tables are correctly stowed for take-off and
landing. If, however, having increased the seat pitch, particular seat back meal tables
are no longer used, they must either be removed from the seat, or their function
inhibited to ensure that they cannot inadvertently obstruct the access to the exit.
Where tables are retained for use at seats adjacent to the access route, the latches

shall be sufficiently reliable and adequately protected against inadvertent release

http://www.jaa.nl/publications/crd/jar-25-change13.pdf
pag. 142
For, aeroplanes that have a passenger seating configuration, excluding pilot's seats, of 20 or more, the projected opening of the exit provided may not be obstructed and there must be no interference in opening the exit by seats, berths, or other protrusions (including seat backs in any position) for a distance from that exit not less than the width of the narrowest passenger seat installed on the aeroplane