PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training for tests!
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2009, 19:05
Vems

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just tell me one thing, from where the hell did you get that :-

"And since airlines choose their low hour pilots from OAA since they make less misstakes, then I take this as a proof that the training si better there."

If you're a good pilot, then you're one, if you stink at it, well.. then.. you stink at it. That's all there is to say.

Answer one more thing, why do you really want to become a airline pilot?

I don't want answers such as 'it has always been my dream' that applies to me too, but that's not the only reason.

And what the hell, if I could instruct and live off the instructor pay for 5 years then I would, just as long as I'm flying.

Don't aim to be a BA captain at the age of 25. Newsflash.. it's not going to happen, you would probably get promoted to captain after 7-10 year service for them.

Just sit down, chill out, think..

Why do I really want to become a pilot? What's so special about that? What's the main reason for doing it? Money? Passion? it's 'cool' as someone said to me before? Because if you're doing it JUST for the money or because it's cool, then when I get my PPL I would hate to be anywhere near you.

Just think everything through, before you make a big mistake.

A lot of us don't have free training. Some of us work their ass off to get money for an hour of flying. Some have family, some are at college and university.. but we have to work for it.. and sometimes.. it gets really tough.

Another thing.. did you consider what would your life as a commercial pilot be? I mean time away from your family and loved ones..? You don't fly when you want to.. you do it everyday for a certain amount of time..

REALLY, have a think through everything and then come back with an answer.

Good luck anyways!

Vems.