PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA requirements?
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2009, 17:41
fabbe92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I donīt want to start a big mess again but I just got a little question and I donīt want to start a new topic about this.

In Sweden We read foreign languages of course. English is obligatory but then you can chooze between French, German or Spanish. There are 7 levels of language. You read level 1-2 in the lower level of school. In the upper secondary level you read 3-7. So Here I am in the first year of the upper secondary level and I have read two years of french in the lower school. Level 1-2. I got the hightest grades and I understand the basics pretty good. So here I have to chooze if I should continue whith french to the level 7 which will give me a special good point that is necessary to apply for university, and of course I allready have the basics. But I am interested in opening me up for the big airlines and I know that Lufthansacityline hires low hour pilots (when the market is very good) and if you pass the DLR. So should this against the odds, happen, I want to be ready.

So here is the deal. I could chooze to continue with the french which would be good for university studyes, Its easier than German and I will be very good at it since I will read all the levels. So whith this I can work for Brussels or Air France for example, in the future. I could allso chooze to quit french and start reading German from the basic level-1. This will not give me all the levels and it means that I have to take german classes after I have completed my upper 2 education.

So what do you recomend, Go for french or change to German? Which is the best for a pilot anyway, and what is the best for my needs?

Of course AF and LH are a long way ahead but I want to be ready for the interview when I am 30-40.

Maybe LH is a better airline than AF and maybe its best to take German? There are many more interesting airlines in Germany as well.