PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Finningley AAITC
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2009, 11:48
Dengue_Dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Naming names et al

I was quite interested to see the diatribe about naming names etc earlier on in this thread. A fair number of 'high horses' in evidence I thought.

So, let me get this straight. It's OK to mention politicians, actors, sportsmen, criminals, heroes, historical figures etc etc.

But at what level ISN'T it OK to name names, at what point do the above suddenly qualify for 'privacy'? Or even 'closing of ranks'. . .

Then we come to the subject of this thread, AAITC (I did mine half at Topcliffe and half at Finningley). I had Paddy Quaid who was outstanding and kept us out of the ****, mainly because he led by a nose! We RESPECTED him, he was a man's man - even when we had to do the sh1tty stuff. If you needed a bollicking, you got , then it was over.

BUT, during my time as a student and two tours as an instructor (on Doms, at different times) I saw the Flt Commanders - who have been mentioned, revelling in their power and trying to outdo each other in their unreasonableness.

It might be 'unethical' in the complainants' ethos to name names, but those guys thoroughly deserve it. Call it 'karma payback' if you like. And if some of those people read this about peoples' opinions of them - then 'GOOD'.

AAITC was never meant to be a picnic, and indeed it wasn't. Paddy Quaid managed it without the same levels of inhumanity and meglomania I saw later and on other courses. Sadly the good guys were often eclipsed by the @rseholes, posers and self-styled demigods mentioned.

So please educate me, who can we mention, who can't we mention and then give me a good reason to justify that stance?

If you can't, then STFU about it.

"As ye sow, so shall ye reap" just about covers it.