PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment V
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2009, 10:33
sydflyboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Monjam

Yeah good luck with that the same has pretty well much happened to me as well and after having done everything (months wasted like you) as per their instrustions was dropped 6 days before I was due to fly. I have sent countless emails and tried to call about being compensated for the medicals and funnily enough the same lack of response yet again from them and not being able to get through on any number . I dont suppose they care how much some peoples lives have been affected after having signed a contract in good faith and followed everything that needs to be done to be employed to be simply dropped just like that. I can appreciate and understand why it was done but it has been poorly handled for everyone affected. Its not as if it happened overnight now that the world economy changed. It simply would have been much easier to stop all open days and the taking of interest as they have done so as to have no back log of applicants to go back through and employ those which already had signed a contract and passed medicals as per what was required. Again note that we would have only been dropped if we did not pass the medicals. As I passed these the airline has broken the contract on me and therefore should compensate those affected. I wont be waiting 6 - 9 months to see if I may be contacted and have the oppotunity to reapply as their very vauge email advised. I don't see why I should have to reapply and go through it all over again. Good luck though with any compensation.