PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VP-BAF Samedan 12th Feb 2009 (Split From Samedan Overrun)
Old 18th Feb 2009, 09:42
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Despite the Ra Ra macho brigade bareing their chest hairs I actualy agree that Samedan was an accident waiting to happen (first fatality but anecdotally there have been a lot of near misses). I too dislike Sion as well as Samedan.

These destinations are intrinsically dangerous and with the commercial pressure to go, the dice is loaded against all but the most professional and strong willed. ......and dont kid me that with the mortgage to pay and jobs scarce there are not those who go when they should not
Excuse me Sheik, but I strongly disagree. Samedan certainly requires a pilot that has made up his mind for the evantualities, but the hype that is been made by various authorities on airports that have been turned into "simulator" and/or procedure only airfields is already enough. (Like Bolzano, Chambery, Ajaccio, Albenga, Lugano, London City) If you cant go in LSZS without wetting your pants, then donīt do it. I have been there about 50 times with airplanes varying from C172 to Challenger 300 and I canīt say I find it dangerous. More demanding than the regular airfield, but manageable.

I have been on all the mentioned Airfields before the regulations and I canīt say where it really was necessary to regulate, at least for VFR conditions. London City in a KingAir or CJ? WTF would one need a simtraining???

We certainly donīt need more of this bulls...