PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2009, 07:04
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
airsound,

thank you once again for your comments, which, in the main of course, I wholeheartedly disagree with!

It is a well-known fact that you will not have a bad word said about Dr P, and you are perectly entitled to that. You have openly admitted in previous posts that you regard him as a friend, and friends should stand by one another and for that I respect your views. But that doesn't make you right either!

I don't know if I speak for 99% of the British public or what, but from the many many aviation enthusiasts that I do speak to, all over the globe, I can assure you that they are all annoyed, dissapointed, amazed, dismayed call it what you want, with Pleming and his lack of awareness at their feelings and his total reluctance to respond to any form of criticism.

I could reel off the names of 20 people immediately who have all written or e mailed Pleming, expressing their concerns about the project. Not a single one of them has even had an acknowledgment from Pleming or TVOC. Now, what ever you feel about me and the others on this forum, that is shameful, you must conceed. It's one thing not responding to concerns and complaints on PPrune, but to ignore individual letters is a completely different matter. And you have to ask yourself why? I regard it as ignorance on his part frankly.

But can't you see that this is the reason I believe why there is so much mounting pressure on Pleming? I don't have anyone in the frame to take over from him He has got the project thus far, but you have to own up to your mistakes and more importantly, if you want even more money from people, then you have to treat those very same people with a modicum of respect. He does not do that.

By your calculations, Pleming gives six interviews a month. I wonder why it is then, that with all these interviews taking place, there is so much lack of awareness in the public domain about what's happening? Do you think he might be giving interviews and talks to the wrong people? Or maybe the press have decided they are no longer intereted in it? Maybe you could suggest he does an interview with somone like Ken Ellis of the Key publishing group and answer some of the questions people are asking of him? Would you like me to write to Ken Ellis?

And as for going to one of his briefings, I have actually been to one. It was quite informative, even for me. But it was clear from the onset, that 'they' at Bruntingthorpe are the experts, and 'they' didn't need any help, advice or input from anyone else thank you (Marshalls, CAA etc. excluded of course)

I even met the colourful lady who was doing the PR/marketing/memorabilia sales etc. She was an expert on everything to do with the Vulcan, and I left somewhat surprised that she wasn't the Captain,Co-Pilot and crew Chief!. There wasn't anything that she didn't know! Should I go on about that side of things? I think probably not.

I will conceed that my comments about Radio4 the BBC and FiveLive were a bit tongue-in-cheek, but do you see why we feel like that? It's this constant 'it's not our fault Guv' attitude that gets to us.

Now, can I suggest that you go back to Robert P and pass on all our good wishes to him for a speedy recovery, none of us wish him ill health. But suggest to him that if he wants the public to give him a whole load more money, then the time has come for him to address the public, on public forums like this, and give it to us 'as it is'. I would even suggest to you that more people read this forum and the flypast forum, than read TVOC web site, and thus 'the message' would reach a far greater audience than TVOC website. (at least the vast majority of the comments on here, stay here. Unlike TVOC website, where anything even remotely 'dodgy' is removed 'pronto')

And finally, thank you for your offer to fix up a meeting for me to meet with the good lady. I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what you think it might achieve, certainly not at my age and state in life, but I do appreciate your thought, thank you!

The Winco