PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOA funding of UK retirement age appeal
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2009, 05:48
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Albatross

Either you put your name on the Petition or you didn't.

If you are in the first category, you can express some disappointment with the decision to fund the Appeal. However, when expressing that disappontment it must be tempered by the fact "due process" occurred and not even 1:10 of your fellow members agreed, alternatively, could be @rsed, to sign. Whilst the GC didn't need a mandate from the membership to fund the Appeal, the Petition's failure empowers them even further. It is, therefore, wholly inappropriate to "slag-off" the GC for continuing to fund the Appeal.

If you are in the second category and didn't sign, I suggest you locate your "neck" switch and select "wind-in".

As an aside, should the rumours be true and a Contract is stuffed in my mailbox formalizing 55+ dropping onto B and C scale and the removal of BPP for freighter capts over 55, or the removal of BPP in toto, I shall be very interested to hear of Charlie's response. Should Charlie wish to continue his Appeal on the basis of the pay cut, despite being a "funding skeptic", I might just utter under my breath.... "go get the funking barstewards Charlie"