PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian ATC to strike
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2009, 02:44
expatoz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have finally succumbed and instead of just reading these posts now feel that i need to reply.

As an ex oz ATC who has moved onto new pastures (which at times were difficult, adjusting and coming to terms with a new enviroment, rules and regulations) and with a desire to return at some point I do want to say :

Before you stampede the grass is not always greener, while some such as the Euronator quote big dollars take a look at the big picture - the cost of living and what are the costs to yourself and your family when you relocate. In Europe, petrol, schooling and everyday costs are twice as much if not more, its all relative and while yes the salaries overseas are more than what you recieve in Oz its not 3 times.

Yes it is a raw deal for the ATC's in Oz at the moment and its not an enviroment that i would want to return too. I give them my full support and hope that the current negotiations result in what is deserved for the job that we do. All power to the union and members for showing strength and unity. Goodluck with the negotiations.