PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Finningley AAITC
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2009, 22:33
The Gorilla

Inter Arma Enim Silentius Lex Legis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The guy in question was a substantive Sgt prior to having to go Plastique, they took an immediate dislike to him and he failed the ITC. Next day he went back to the top floor wearing his substantive Sgt Stripes, the man had b*lls! There was a bit of a kerfuffle as I remember, conversation went along the lines of I have failed a course to become a Sgt well I is one innit and I am wearing these whilst waiting to see the AOC.

Funnily enough he made it to Sgt Aircrew very quickly but it put some of the already mentioned names right out of kilter!

A few months later a friend of mine, an ex Cpl fairy VS'd and as he had already been boarded and got his blue letter prior to the ITC and AEELS, PMA basically posted him back into a Sgts slot and sent him for GST2. The n**bers in the ITC block tried to make a strong case that he shouldn't have to do GST2 as he had done the ITC.

Er nope don't think so said PMA not a recognised Sgt's course! Diplomats as ever!! Made me smile for many a year that story!