PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai from boom to bust - Financial Times & Bloomberg downgrade UAE
Old 17th Feb 2009, 20:41
SINGAPURCANAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not so long ago!
a few years ago,05/06 ,during my studies among many issues we discussed among us and professor about every aviation region in the world,future trends,business opportunities, business models, survival ability for particular airliner and so on.
I was one of those to claim that ME carriers will have the best chances to survive during expected crises( at that moment I predicted global aviation crisis at winter 08/09). I had whole list of reason for such strategic prediction. Professor( Embry Riddle,PhD) added one crucial thing to my statement that I didn't know . Emirates is not only supported by Dubai government and ruling family but owns real estate company as well. About 80 % of Dubai properties (plus some international projects) are under direct/inderect Emirates ownership so they will never have financing problems. Because real estate(as name suggests) will always be worth. Usuually more today than yesterday.
what a logic and assumption!

P.S. Personally I have never believed that real estate sector is worth and interesting for serious investments. Energy is number No1!
Yesterday,today,tommorow,as well.