PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Continental TurboProp crash inbound for Buffalo
Old 17th Feb 2009, 19:57
protectthehornet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stick Pusher DEAR SIR ALL AIRLINERS DON'T HAVE PUSHERS!!!!

I can assure you that ALL AIRLINERS do NOT have pushers.

The DC9, which can get into a deep stall, which is why vortillions or chin strakes are fitted DOES NOT HAVE A PUSHER. (there is a unique hydraulic ram to ensure ''nose down'' elevator input in a deep stall, but it is not in any way a stick pusher)

It is T TAIL SWEPT WING JET.

IT has a very effective stall warning system with ligts, horns and SHAKER but NO PUSHER.

The warnings start at stall plus 10percent...sometimes more if accelerated.

There seems to be a lot of stuff being put out there.

ALSO, about GEAR UP and positive rate. ALL of our maneuvers at our airline require a positive rate of climb prior to gear retraction. For what it is worth, we don't even change configuration in a windshear encounter.

That broad statement about ALL AIRLINERS was so sure, that I even got out my manual to double check~!

I do hope all of you pilots out there in icing consider configuration changes at higher speeds and altitudes to allow for emergency recovery and keep your hand on the handle you are moving...IF THINGS GET WORSE WHEN YOU MOVE SOMETHING>>>MOVE IT BACK! (again, from the idiots guide to flying)