PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - a 320 x-wind landing tecnique
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2009, 15:50
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Finn, I got slashed now over my fingers and quite rightly so. Should you be willing to accept, apart from being days overdue, my apologies are honestly offered. Anyone successfuly retired after a safe lifetime career is naturally my role model. If ever I make it there and still have an idea what is the "facebook" of that time, that would really be icing on top.

Let's see where I came from. Our statements:
wing doesn't rise as it would in older types ... The fbw keeps the wings level.
If you intend to keep wings level an input on the stick is required ... pre-emptive command of which the FBW is truly incapable of.
are not in agreement. As I read some time ago from one of the Airbus-struck contributors here, much better tempered than I, (loose wording) "Perhaps it is time to stop pronouncing how conventionally AB FBW behaves, but start pointing out the differencies as well". From my point of view, the TechLog is exactly the place we could learn about the differencies among a computer locked device, magical chariot, and a fine piece of engineering work. Keeping our inputs technically trimmed seems essential.

Im am sure that you read the books no less eagerly than I do today. Very inappropriate of me to assume your profile was faked, without checking first.