PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Finningley AAITC
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2009, 12:56
Tiger_mate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
>Pops head out from under stone<

A_A whilst I know you are well qualified to have an opinion about your comments, what you do not have an insight into is how the course has changed to accomodate the PC world in which we now live. Assuming that the changes have been made to ensure that the Euro Court of Human Rights does not feature in future redress cases; therego by default a 'risk' must have existed in the past. Lets face it, you simply cannot direct a 'cadet' to run around a parade square with a chair above his head nowadays.

That the para course was mental and physical abuse does not make AAITC any less challenging, especially to educated people who would question the motives of orders given, rather then asking is this high enough when told to jump. (No pun intended)

As for naming, names. I would normally agree when discussing current issues and events, however as an exception, this thread is about history and individuals perceptions regarding personalities. Individuals are entitled to those perceptions as each was earned from an initial clean slate. If the truth hurts, then life is a b*tch, but then we knew that already. There is a fair ammount of respect being awarded here to balance the plonkers of this world, and I dare say that nobody will complain about having been perceived as striking the balance just right.