PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Predators Based in Pakistan
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2009, 10:40
Wiley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find myself hoping this is clever disinformation... otherwise, people on what we like to call our side are going to die because of it.

I would have thought it would be nigh on impossible to disguise the fact to the local populace, many of not most of whom had (to put it kindly) "leanings" towards the other side, that drones were operating out of a Pakistani base. I suppose it might be possible to keep launches and recoveries strictly to the dead of night, but every PAF enlisted man on the base in question would know about "that" hangar that nobody went near with Americans living in it, and you can be sure as you like that there'd be one among them who'd willingly or otherwise spill the beans to Terry Taliban.

Still, the old truism holds true... when it comes to deciding between conspiracy and cockup, cockup wins every time, and it will need to be a major operation with potentially huge rewards to make the embarrassment suffered by the Pakistani government be outweighed by the advantages that might be gained.

John Le Carre, where are you?