PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Finningley AAITC
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2009, 08:46
inverted4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah yes, the miniflares! God I'd forgotten all about those. That path at Malham was a nightmare, I think we just had a few shovels didn't we to lay that path? And of course the cry of "assume the position!" every 20 mins or so.
SLC
Don't remember the Capris and must have missed out on the sex under the Vulcan, typical! Heartbreak hill I do remember vividly, having to take those bloody pine poles up and down it god knows how many times. The name Cooper rings a bell but can't for the life of me picture him. I remember Georgie Fair and the fact he never seemed to smile at all.. As for the other instructors I must have blocked them out of my memory as I can't seem to remember any of them. Maybe not a bad thing from the comments being made!
Oh yes and what about Mandy?? I remember one cadet, can't remember his name filling his rucksack with pillows for the 10 mile route march/run and getting found out when they weighed the rucksacks. He ended up with Mandy AND a load of bricks I think in his rucksack. Is the course still similar does anyone know? Or has it been toned down?