PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QFNZ 12 months
Thread: QFNZ 12 months
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2002, 22:55
#1AHRS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I attempt to put a little sense into Bronte's rantings and ravings.
Ansett NZ/QF NZ was stripped to an unsustainable level by a large Australian corporation and then, in its death throws, sold the stripped out shell to an (aparrantly) unsuspecting buyer who went down the gurgler with it.
The same large Australian corporation cleaned out Ansett Australia and then flicked the shell off to an (aparrantly) unsuspecting Air New Zealand. Air NZ, discovering that they had bought a lemon, dumped it (who wouldnt) and the whole thing couldn't sustain itself and went down the gurgler.
The commonality here is an Australian company that probably made a lot of money in aviation and walked away, after some creative sales talk I suspect, leaving 2 companies (both bearing the ansett name) doomed and a lot of Australians and Kiwi's in the lurch. The clever part is that whilst relying on the industry being full of short sighted rednecks (such as Mr Bronte) they also had a little bit of a say in the way the News media works and managed to avoid the blame.
Now, as a result of job losses, we have the paradox of Kiwi's working in Australian aviation and Aussies working in NZ aviation and a lot of Kiwi's and Aussies unemployed. and most of them would probably be happier working "back home". I guess only time will see people filtering back to where they want to be.
Embittered rantings such as Herr Bronte's that are so far from the truth only serve to "muddy the water", create ill feeling between Kiwi's and Aussies and definatly do not help the individuals get back to their respective "home countries".
P.S Bronte if you hate NZ as much as your posts reveal then why don't you leave, I know around 150 pilots out there who would happily do your job.

Last edited by #1AHRS; 23rd Apr 2002 at 23:11.