PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seeking Freight Dogs
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2009, 20:15
act700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone called that number to find out who this is, or what the deal is?
bellsouth.net is a legit internet provider in the US; that being a personal email address, not a company one. Probably some low budget, or college film project?!
Just curious.

Anyway, you're not gonna get anyone (who cares about their tickets) to consent to this, as it is technically illegal to operate "electronic equipment" during critical phases of flight. So all those youtube wonders are floating around in grey area!

There was a commuter airline in the US recently, where the crew got in trouble for a posted video of an approach and landing. Nothing crazy, straight forward, normal approach and landing. I don't remember what caused the tipp off, but the Feds "were looking into the operation of unapproved electroninc devices" during critical phase of flight.
Not sure how this turned out.

But I don't think anyone is willing to risk their jobs, or whatever, just for 15 minutes of fame.

On the other hand, though, I could see a bunch of wanna bees who might have gone along with a buddy, or people who got washed out, to give all their expert insight into the world of freight doggin'.

As for controversy, there is no more, no less than with pax ops. The only difference, other than our parking locations, is that our pax don't complain as much.