PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FUEL AGENTS - Best & Worst
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2002, 21:00
alkell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry I didnt mean to infer the pick up of fuel by Kendell had anything to do with pilots, it is obviously a price concern, but if they wont support the locals we wont support them, simple.

On the subject of call out fee's, pilots never cease to amaze me about how so many whinge about having to pay for someone to come in out of hours (usually from the comfort of their bed) in the wee hours of the morning, might have only been home for 30mins and just fell asleep, and have to drag themselves out of bed again, get dressed, drive to airpot, unlock depot, check fuel in truck, refuel, do paper work, lock up and drive home again, then try getting back to sleep and if your lucky maybe get woken up again for another fuel request. Why cant pilots understand the money is not worth the hassle, I would rather shut up shop and get a good night sleep, after taxes and expenses it is not worth it. So good on the guy for charging each plane out of hours for the call out, even if they are there at the same time, actually might be worth it for a change. And it might cover a very minimal amount of all the time we spend on call, and get interrupted when visiting a friend or out for tea, anmd dont get paid.

Bah Humbug to call out whingers.