PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Toxic' cabin air found in new plane study - Telegraph
Old 16th Feb 2009, 19:00
Dream Buster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GM Aircrew

Big Bad D,

Dream Buster, instead of yet another speech, please help share the answer to the reasonable question posed by FullWings: "What kind of filters are these and what are they filtering?"
You can't win here, try and keep it nice and simple and there's not enough evidence - give the evidence and it's too much...

To be honest I am not a filter expert but I can put you in touch with one who assures us that anything is possible but in the past cost has put airlines off (may add 10p to the cost of a ticket...) but really it is the fact that all of us 'victims' will want to know "why now?" Which might be 'tricky' to answer?

Most kids would come up with filters as a means of cleaning air and the filter companies know all about it. We have been trying to get the UK Govt to identify the visible fumes from an APU on the ground, which can be generated in minutes. After 2 full years they STILL do not know. That sounds a bit like denial and not wanting to face the truth to me. (Correction they DO know, but they don't want the likes of you and me to know).

How does that make you feel?

Full wings

That's a big job, currently being worked on by far better qualified people than myself and I don't see a conclusion even on the horizon yet...
Can't you see that a full and honest confession of what they know would be a trifle inconvenient and that the best way forward is silence and denial.

Even the word aerotoxic is off limits for much of the media, including the BBC. That makes open debate quite difficult....

Full wings underestimate yourself, if you saw the data you would blow the whistle too.

I guess everybody is aware of the smoking issue which went on for years and years - I wonder why? and now MOST people agree that breathing smoke is BAD for you. Well I breathed visible smoke / fumes for 16 years (Thank you Vertical Speed) which contain neuro toxic chemicals - I only found out a year after I stopped flying that I had TCP in me....having had exactly the same symptoms that the oil tin described - IT DOES WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN!

By the way, they have taken the warning off now! As too many people were complaining of ill health. More evidence of a very dirty, messy business.

Just like V/S I have been lucky to have regained my former good health but I know many who have not been so fortunate and there is now an ever growing list of past victims dying prematurely - that's as bad as it gets and it just makes me feel sick - again.

Sorry to bang on but this is a really important issue which accounts for masses of serious mysterious ill health and it's about time it was stopped, for everybody's sake.

Full Wings, please PM me if I can help provide you with the convincing evidence you need and thanks to the Mods for letting it roll....

DB