PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How can a B777 first officer be so young?
Old 16th Feb 2009, 18:55
Vems

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabbe, "pilots never get to fly the plane manually" I do not agree with that.

First of all, they do fly the a/c manually, obviously not as a pilot would in a C152 of course, but they do.

Some people work there because they want to be in the air, they feel free there, they like working with other people.. it's never the same, even though sometimes it seems like it. Ohhh, that's words of an easyjet pilot

Fabbe, you want to go for airlines, yeah?

I did a terrible mistake before, 'blabd' about myself on the forum and made so many 'enemies', what i learned is that you need to take others opinions into count is well, get advice from older pilots who have way more hours logged in their logbook than you, listen, learn, listen and learn. Take the advice! It's really helpful!

What I did just last week, was a list of reasons for and against working in airlines. At some point in my life I do want to go for airlines, yes, but not really as soon as I finish my training. I want to try different things, meet new people, visit places.. and what's more important.. HAVE FUN!

You're young, I'm actually not that much older than yourself, don't plan your career for the next 10 years, do worry about what's going to happen in the next few months.. not the next few years. Take time in your training, enjoy it, have fun!

I've just had my first lesson on sunday! The most amazing feeling in the world!
Enjoy your life, we're still young, don't try to rush your training and become airlines youngest FO. There are hundreds of different things you can try in General aviation, try them, give eveything a go, and then when you've been though it all, start loooking at the airlines, that's going to be fun too! but personally I love the loud Cessnas even though I actually fly on a PA-28.

Good luck!

Vems.

EDIT, I just wanted to add..

Calm down with your attitude.. people can recognise you very easily here, plus I think that they would prefer to talk to someone young and mature, than a 16 year old who doesn't have a clear idea of flying but plans his future for the next ho ho ho.. years. They're not going to take you seriously.