PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amazon Air Taxi Crash
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2009, 18:49
A310Capt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, ANAC is a cancer and I never flew with VARIG, you're twice wrong...

Dear DA7X: Fortunately you said "almost certain", yet your perception was completely wrong. I never flew with VARIG, actually I am another "former victim" of their ancient monopoly and privileges (and - by the way you refer to "variguinhos", I am ALMOST SURE you are a former victim as well , huh???) Just kidding...other than that, I am sorry but I completely disagree from you point of view, though I already know the link you kindly provided on your reply. ANAC is a CANCER, the way it was created and the way it is being run by Minister Jobim & Mrs. Solange, and - somehow - most of us with some common sense knew it would eventually happen, years ago. If DAC was bad, ANAC is much worse. Technical institutions such as a Civil Aviation agency have to be run by professionals, not by politicians (or their campaign monkeys) assigned to the position just because PT needs PMDB to keep majority in congress. Else for your reference I flew 11 yrs on general aviation, both as executive pilot and on cropdusting, having also worked as an aviation consultant until some time ago. So I can tell you I still know the BR market reasonably well. Although I see the general aviation growth (finally!!!) as a good thing, I still reserve the right to disagree and criticize whenever I understand it is the time to do it (after all, despite everything we are a democracy; a messy one, but still much better than some neighbour countries, needless to mention them here), whenever I see these distorted / absurd policies. The fact We (some 1,000+ brazilian pilots) decided to earn a living abroad does not mean we have to be allienated from the whole process. Moreover, we are in the XXIst Century, it is a bit too late for General Medici's motto "BRASIL, AME-O OU DEIXE-O" (* for our non portuguese-speaking colleagues: "BRAZIL, LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT"; the military dictatorship used this sort of cheap propaganda to intimidate people willing to criticize the hideous regime of torture, in the early 70's; fortunately our country got rid of it long time ago).