PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA licence
Thread: FAA licence
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2009, 18:11
G-SPOTs Lost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm almost certain that you dont need the Radio License portion as you are converting an ICAO ATPL and there are exchange agreements between the FAA and other ICAO countries.

You do need the FAA Written, checkride.com or google dauntless software, its agreat program as its NOT web based so you can play with it where no internet access is available.

I've said it before, please dont learn your answers parrot fashion. Yes you can learn them in 48 hours (36 is the record) but just give the ticket a bit of respect and take two weeks over it. Thats what I did and it paid off as before you do your ATP checkride you will be given an oral exam and your check airman can ask you anything he/she likes on any aspect of FARAIM he chooses this is more likely the case especially if the chk airman is an A$$hole. I was having to explain differences filed with ICAO on US runway markings and I'm glad I took my time over it, my check airman wasn't a knob he just wanted to know that I had the basic knowledge to get around in the USA and was interested in making sure I was aware of the differences in the USA