PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Continental TurboProp crash inbound for Buffalo
Old 16th Feb 2009, 17:26
Northbeach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not Canadian, but I will wave their flag. When it comes to building tough capable airplanes the Canadians take second place to nobody. It’s significant to remember the Dash-8 Q-400 is the latest evolution of the tremendously successful Dash 8 turboprop line with numerous predecessors. The Q-400 flies with a long tradition. The Canadian Bombardier aerospace/manufacturing company is intimately knowledgeable regarding the requirements necessary to fly successfully in harsh winter and icing conditions. They are arguable the leader in business aviation (I flew their Challenger series jet) and the regional aircraft market (RJs & Dash-8 series). They build an outstanding product. Ask the men and women that fly them.

Like all accidents we will have to wait for the investigation to run its course. Until then most of what you hear is speculation, often fueled by incorrect rumors. In other words dribble. Did the accident aircraft in fact first pitch up radically? How does that fit in with the tail stalling? What was in the cargo compartment and how was it secured?

I don’t mind non-professional pilots being her, or even posting. Most of them are just looking for good answers. That is a good thing as they won’t be getting reliable information from the general media. We just have to ignore the really dumb posts: “ground the airplanes”, “what prescription drugs were the pilots on”. It’s just like our passengers right? Out of a couple hundred really nice people you are going to find a small percentage you would rather they were somewhere else.