PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zest Airways MA60 crash landing in Caticlan - Boracay?
Old 16th Feb 2009, 13:28
ads1963

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zest Air did it again!

And again in Caticlan but this time they blew their tires when they tried to stop the aircraft at the end of the runway in order not to overshoot again. Better blow tires than a smashed fruit juice can!

Philippine Flight Simmers Group • View topic - zesr air caticlan blown tires ?

Hi guys,

yes, it was RP-C8895 that blew the tires on 13FEB, but it's flying again - as well as RP-C8894, which had the wing damage. The aircraft was still at Clark on Saturday, but flying quite lively out of Manila today. NOT seen flying today was RP-C8892.

What I found funny was that the mechanics changing the tires has "ZA" (I guess for Zest Air) and large "8893" on their black T-shirts. Now 8893 is the aircraft that crashed at MPH. Are they possibly from the part reclamation team of 8893 ?

Airbus RP-C8898 is now in operation as RP-C8988. I guess with all the 8s they got it all mixed up. Might be an indicator of the organization within the airline. Much has been said about this before.

Peeked over the wall at their compound at MNL Domestic today, and there was only one DHC-7 in Zest Air paint scheme. All the rest were in basic Asian Spirit c/s. Nothing looked very active.
Maybe Zest Air should be renamed into Crash Air!