PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2009, 13:17
Tonka Toy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
General

Vie and Crab,

I would just like to say that in my experience there is a constant proccess of training and development within CG SAR, whenever one pops into the 92 bases there always seems to be a mug in hand and planning of the next training flight. Certainly the fixed wing assetts are always at it, but their experience comes from live ops. If you go around the south east coast I would suggest you may find that CG / MCA, RNLI units see more of and interact more or just as regularly with CG assets fixed or rotary as the 'yellow peril'! And speaking with some degree of night SAR ops experience, I would much rather undertake them with the use of FLIR systems or other than a pair of green tubes. These are all splendid skills sets to have and I'm not saying it to be-smirch anyone, its just that I am happier operating low level at night with the benefit of FLIR systems than NVG in my particular environment. Equally the NV systems we have probably come under the 'pre historic' bracket by comparison to those Crab is using.

Finally I know this is a place to have a rant on occasion but I have to say, Crab, you make me feel just a little bit nervous at the prospect of working with you at some point. Whilst we never have much to do with our own rotary bretheren in CG one is almost getting to the point of having preferred work colleagues, and subconciously I keep thinking 'Crab' when I see something yellow and start looking around for a bonkers belgian, senior service, our own or if I'm really lucky something pavey, even though the 53's are no longer with us.

I hear and absorb your arguments Crab, but you are beginning to make me and a few others a little nervous!!!