PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield Rogag procedure - Vmc only?
Old 16th Feb 2009, 12:48
PPRuNe Radar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Abu Bebo, thanks for the plates, but yours are old. They are still from the times, when you did not have to turn at 560' right after departure. They have changed these plates in September.
Who changed the plates ? A third party provider perhaps ?

The UK AIP is the legal source document which describes any procedure at a UK licenced airfield. The UK AIP contains the procedure linked by Abu Bebo.

The UK AIP can be amended by an AIRAC supplement or by a NOTAM. None of these exist to amend the procedure from that in the UK AIP dated 25 Sep 2009. So who has changed them for third party plates, and under what authority ?

As you cannot resolve the problem of making a departure to ROGAG a SID, since part of the route it appears lies outside Controlled Airspace, then it seems that if you are not prepared to follow the PDR, all ATC can do is clear you to leave any Doncaster Controlled airspace on a track of their choice, climbing on a safe profile to a safe level within their airspace and then leave you to work out how to get to ROGAG safely yourself for all the bits outside controlled airspace.

I forgot to add, that what scares me the most about this departure is if I lost an engine. I don't know, what anthenas or chimneys are there close to the airport as I have never been there during day time.
I do find this statement worrying. How do pilots cope with other airfields which they have not visited in daytime that don't have published departure procedures containing obstacle clearance guidance ? And what do pilots do if their best escape option is to come off the published procedure due to their reduced climb gradient and the prescence of terrain ? They are then entering the realms of unknown obstacles as well surely.