PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hey QF 737 pilots - You've left your ice lights on...
Old 16th Feb 2009, 12:31
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
apache, on behalf of the QF drivers let me apologise. Poor form by our guys. Got a date and a call sign and I can even let them know personally. However, please don't go tarring all crew with the same brush. I taxiied out a couple of weeks back and cycled through all three forward lights off as we came around a corner to avoid blinding a dash crew. I've had other carriers do the same for me but likewise I've been blinded by QLink Dashes, DJ 737s, QF 737s, 767s, A330s, 744s (not the Dugong though....yet). I certainly don't get a chip on my shoulder about all pilots from that airline or on that aircraft type. Normally I just sigh and let it go.

Wing root. Gotta say that in 14 years of QF flying I've never heard them referred to as 'ice lights'. They have always been 'wing' lights. Perhaps that's because the label under the switch says 'wing' rather than 'ice'. I presume that other aircraft (apart from the 744 and the 767) have the term 'ice' under the switch? Just found that an interesting point of difference.