PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Finningley AAITC
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2009, 11:54
Tiger_mate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jake had gone by early '85, and I cannot recall the name of the chap who replaced him. Cpl Burns first name was "corporal" as any other was a strict no-no. Gordon Mac was HSO and Andy Judge CSRO. Mike Butler was OC AAITC and a gentleman with it, the epitomy of 'firm but fair'. Colin Reeves played the Flt Cdr game well but that could not be said for all of them. Humph was the 'students friend' and IMHO there was very much a place for an individual of that nature on the course. Lazari, last known as being with FRA on Falcons, was unapproachable, and full of his own self importance. There was a Flt Lt Air Eng who subsequently went to Boscombe as a MoD employed civvy and I cannot for the life of me recall his name. Neither can I recall the name of a small dumpy Flt Lt ALM who was a grey man.

PTI's Cpl Coggin or Coglin who is still around, and one (PJI) who got a very loud "OFF" when pushing a little too hard one day! Overall thoughts: It was an efficient means to an end, and thankfully only done once.