PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2009, 11:54
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Pen333, thank you for your post. I am sure that it is as painful as ever it was to revisit this tragedy, and if justice had been done originally this thread and your feeling the need to post here would not be necessary. No one may speak on your behalf without your agreement, I would not dream of it, but your input is vital in giving moral authority to this fight to clear the names of these two pilots. From evidence on this thread and others that has now become conjoined with another fight to highlight the airworthiness shortcomings in the fleet that this aircraft was a part of as well as in other fleets. That is an essential preliminary to a reform of the whole system of UK Military Airworthiness provision, a system that has been deliberately suborned by the MOD for short term monetary savings. The long term effect will almost certainly be more accidents with more bereaved families such as yours unless urgent and effective reform is initiated. I hope you can support that fight too.
CrazyMonkey, will you please make your position clear? Your post said:
The labelling of manslaughter is harsh because of the ramifications it has for the families of the crew but acceptable to those of the pax.
The implication from that is that you speak as one of, or on behalf of, the bereaved families. May I ask if you do?