PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 16th Feb 2009, 09:36
Capt Krunch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S.F.L.Y

to be perfectly honest, I'm not in the position to say exactly what the HR does and does not do, I only have some knowledge due to longevity and some friends in some places of interest within.

having said that, it would only make sense to me ( maybe I'm a bit jaded in thinking this way) but if we had candidates with little or no type experience waiting to screen and along came someone who better met our needs, and with little effort to get him up to speed in our operation. I would have to opt to take the experienced ones. after all this is a commercial operation in ( and always been ) desperate for experienced crew to operate. things cannot always be fair and Rosy, we all know that.

Keep in mind this is not normal economic times and it is unusual to have this many experience guys / girl in the pipe line wanting employment. also some of the routes that QA are planning require much more than the normal crew figures to operate at the level requested by commercial. all things considered, they are in a bit of an overload and this does delay things quite a bit, so I would venture to say most are just delayed for a short period of time if at all.

Poisoned by Compromise
Krunch