PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you have any advice? Starting PPL in two weeks.
Old 16th Feb 2009, 09:35
Vems

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys for all the advice. I was actually thinking of starting Human Factors & Pilot Performance for now as I'll get through the book pretty quickly and I actually have a week off college and just few hours of work in the morning, I'll have time to get through it all, studying comes easily for me
I think I would get on with the meteorology next and then start maybe start nav. I only fly an hour per week so to be honest by the time I'll get to navigation in my training I'll get maybe 3 or 4 exams out of the way. I was thinking also of leaving the Radiotelephony until the end of my training as by that time, I'll have a lot of practice and it would be easier.. correct me if I'm wrong.

I keep looking out of the window of the time. By the way, the views are amazing!

Kamran, I'm still full time at college and working in the mornings, part time of course, I have just enough to get one lesson per week and that's how I'll do it for the next at least 2/3 months until I finish college so then I'll be able to work full time and get more flying done over the summer and get my license fairly soon, although, I'm not in a hurry. I have time as I'm still young and the current job market for pilots isn't looking very well! I rather fly this one hour per week on sunday than fly 2 or 3 everyday and do it intensively. At least that's the only thing that keeps me alive in college (just few days 'till sunday, just few days..'). I'll get more flying over the summer, when the weather will be looking better, at least I hope so!

And about Florida, I'm not really up for going to states, I can also fly around in Europe. There are countries which are fairly warm over certain time of the year and I could go there? I don't know why but I just don't want to go to Florida to do hour building. It's cheaper as some say.. but I'll 'waste' my money in Europe

About the headsets, the ones I used last time were pretty comfortable and pretty good, but I'll have a look around for my own headset, but at least not for the first 2/3 months.

Charlie Zulu, I'm at Tayside too, but in Dundee

Kamran, I already have a Class 2 Medical. and as I've said I think I'll leave the Radiotelephony for now as it comes with practice from what I know, and passing it asap won't be my best option. I want to take things slowly, one at a time, not rush into finishing my training ASAP. I just want to enjoy it.

Last edited by Vems; 16th Feb 2009 at 10:02. Reason: spelling.