PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield Rogag procedure - Vmc only?
Old 16th Feb 2009, 07:58
PBY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Landedoutagain, thanks for reply. I completely agree with you. But what is scary is, that aircraft are constantly cleared in IMC to fly this departure (for the last 6 months). ATC was surprised by my refusal of it, as I might have been the first guy to do it in the last 6 months. First they told me, that it is assessed for obstacles. When I quoted them from the plate, that it is not assessed for obstacles, they looked at their plates and found the same in Jeppessen (our company does not use Jeppessen). They said, they will take it to management, because they seemed to agree with my concerns.
But how is it possible, that we get such an IFR clearance in the first place, when Rogag is not a SID? They don't have approach plates in Brussels, when they plan the clearance? How come, ATC considers this a SID?
If somebody knows, how to attach a plate to pprune message, please, let me know and I am going to attach the plates for illustration.