PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Toxic' cabin air found in new plane study - Telegraph
Old 16th Feb 2009, 07:28
Dream Buster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contaminated Air Reference Manual

Fullwings,

Good reply and well balanced.

The trouble is that this is not a balanced situation. If you and the previously mentioned vested interests actually took the time to look at the evidence, complete the studies and actually come to some conclusions - then we could all move on.

I take it you are already familiar with the well accepted vested interests tactic of 'never ending studies' to prevent a conclusion being drawn??

Boeing and BALPA know all about it. Boeing worked it out in around 1999 (hence the B787) and BALPA in 2005. It is now 2009 - 'on the balance of probability' Boeing and BALPA are both right. They are not stupid - nor are we.

I regret to say that any emotion stems from professionals losing their jobs, health, relationships as a direct result the ongoing denial. It's tough, I promise you.

David Learmount of FI was a famous non believer two years ago but he took the time to review the evidence of 40 years and called for filters.

Comment - Don't wait to take action over toxic cabin air

Now I don't agree with everything Mr Learmount says especially as I don't believe he has recently operated a Public Transport aircraft BUT he knows a lot about the shennanigans of the industry, he looked at the evidence and published his opinion. He would never have risked his reputation and that of FI unless he was absoultely sure of his facts.

Can I suggest you order the 800 page Contaminated Air Reference Manual and then cast your vote - maybe taking into account the Precautionary Principle.

I showed the manual to my AME and he unhelpfully said it was too long..... (did I mention that the industry 'doctors' also have vested interests?)

Fullwings, as an ultimate 'stakeholder' Perhaps you would like to review the factual evidence and help come up with a well balanced conclusion?

Take care - in contaminated air. It's NOT good for you.

DB

Last edited by Dream Buster; 16th Feb 2009 at 08:10.