PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - a 320 x-wind landing tecnique
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2009, 07:27
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Finn, there is a awful lot of misguided ideas about the Toulouse style FBW. On the other hand, plenty of folk who do not have steady access to any courseware like to read the TechLog contributions to learn about the system, many of them true proffesionals. Stop spoiling the thread for them, please!

1) When you put rudder in to straighten for centerline the upwind wing does come up. Once the rolling motion is sensed the FBW will do its magic and dampen it - with slight delay appropriate to 22 years old technology. If you intend to keep wings level an input on the stick is required together with the boot, a pre-emptive command of which the FBW is truly incapable of.

2) I am led to believe, that for strong crosswinds the manufacturer suggests a combination of drift/slip techniques. If it can be done for strong components, it can be done safely for small components - I am the second in the guilty line.

3) Too much aileron+spoilers must of course be avoided for departure. Yet, there is no audio alert "bank angle" on Airbus, id est you never did hear it, have you? Even if there were (737 has it when over 35 deg b/a), right ... is that the one you heard?

I thank you for the excellent opportunity for me to stroll through FCOM and AFM, just to make sure I do not write crap like you do. If you wanna play pilot, get a facebook account. Truly.

FD (the un-real)