PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seabourne Airlines
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2009, 05:45
SherpaDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As for "native" having a negative meaning in your head: Seems like a personal problem and I would seek counseling if I was you.
To Towerdog
I'll let you have the last word since you don't seem particularly bright and insults seem to be the only way to get your message across. What I've said is not a view shared by me alone so excuse me if I decline your suggestion at this time to seek couseling. It's obvious the point I made about using the word "native" went completely over your head and your natural inclination is to attack me as a person rather than the facts. Ok, you win...feel better?

To B. Sousa
The "N-word" I was referring to was not the word "native." It's not a word I use in my vocabulary and it's not one that belongs on a forum but I suspect you know what word I'm alluding to. It will take time for race relations to heal years after years of marginalization, distrust and bitter feelings from both sides. I'm not really sure why I'm defending the USVI so passionately since I don't even live there...but readers of this forum and this thread will come to their own conclusions in the end. I'm no bleeding heart liberal but someone who studies people and has come to learn over the years about cultural sensitivities (even when they don't jive with my own).

You probably figured out I am an American just like you but I don't think I ever identified what my race was..but then why would that even matter? The reason why any of us are on this forum is a common passion for aviation and anything related to aviation matters. I've got little tolerance for ignorance so I do voice my opinion on occassion. But STT and STX still has boatloads and planeloads of people going there on vacation every year and will still thrive in spite of its problems so in the end it doesn't really matter what you, me or anyone else on this forum thinks. Hopefully Seabourne will be around in the years to come...they are a much-needed transportation lifeline in that community and I've shared many a drink with their pilots while playing the tables at Divi Carina.