PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you have any advice? Starting PPL in two weeks.
Old 16th Feb 2009, 01:31
jamestkirk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vems

My god your keen. And that is great.

Mainly just relax. If you have a good FI, then he/she will keep pointing you in the right direction.

keep looking out the window, then just keep looking out the window. Straight and level is the foundation for most exercises. Get that right and you'll probably be OK.

As others have said already, you seem to have a good attitude so again, just relax and enjoy the lesson and be confident in your ability.

As my CFI used to say, 'lookout and speed'. probably more useful in the circuit, but you'll know what i mean.

As far as equipment goes. Let your FI tell you what you need. But as someone stated earlier, a good headset is a must. People will give you loads of opinions but its not just passive or active thats important but also comfort. There is a good USA website called marvgolden that has a great range of stuff.

Sincerely, best of luck and be one of the PPL 'ers with a professional attitude. Although, I think your already there.

JTK