PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Toxic' cabin air found in new plane study - Telegraph
Old 15th Feb 2009, 22:15
Dream Buster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GM Aircrew?

PE 3721,

You may be interested to know that there are many ex pilots, cabin crew who are absolutely certain and know 100% what caused their normal good health to alter for the worse whilst flying a certain four engine jet and other bleed air aircraft. Most still find out years later by mistake - NOT auto suggestion.

In contrast, we have various office bound doctors, lawyers, bureaucrats, regulators, politicians 'believing' (hoping) that toxic oil fumes in a confined space are not responsible for serious ill health.

Why do you think that the B 787 is bleed free? How is it that organophosphate deposits are regularly found in jet air conditoning systems and over internal surfaces? Why won't the UK Government tell the ex pilots which chemicals and concentrations are in the visible oil fumes from a cold APU start?

I'm sorry, but all of this is being logged (believe it or not) and when it is finally proved and after the scientists have finished testing Neanderthal man's DNA and other brain numbing equally usesless projects there will be heads rolling - and it won't be the pilots, I can assure you.

Last but not least, would finding oil deposits (including organophosphates) in ones blood / fat be a reasonable indication of a problem? Just like a drunk driver or a competetive athlete? That's what convinced me and many others, along with our serious untimely ill health.

Blood / fat check anybody? What happened to the precautionary principle, anyway?

I hope you agree that this is a black and white issue, no in betweens. Simple choice; Who do you trust - the vested interests or the GM aircrew?

KBO.

DB