PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you have any advice? Starting PPL in two weeks.
Old 15th Feb 2009, 19:33
Kamran Bhatti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying traning budget

Though fellows gave you a brief guideline,but what myself had experiance during my tranning may be helpful to you.

usually most of us do believe that 45 hours tranning and there we are,but be sure that this is minimum,the average PPL pass is inbetween 60 t0 70 hours.

I strongly recommed that if you want to complete in one go,budget at least for 60 hours.

second: Before you go for navigation exams,if you can get a couple of lessons on naviagation,beleive me that ,ll make you very close to a good pass,otherwise its not hard but its bit complex to understand in theory.

My tutor had one of his awful experiance in his teaching career,one whole class faild in first attempt,he was just shocked,next week.he looked again the areas where stdudents were having problems.and we all passed.we were not charged for the 2nd time exam fee cause this was unusal for the whole class to fail.

3rd:you may well on target if you pass all your exams here,get you medical done,pass you Radio telephony and than go to Florida.During flying tranning in UK its not only money but weather,some time you go for lesson,get off from your work,tavelling and than no suitable flying conditions etc.

hope this helps and very good luck.