PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2009, 18:54
saracenman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TM - that's more like; there's a gulf of difference between saying that you haven't seen any improvement and stating that no-one has. that's the only thing that irritated me, and i appreciate that my use of bold, italics and bright colours may have been a touch over-zealous!

Bye - i genuinely feel for you, and i do appreciate how and why you feel the way that you do. As both Cypherus and Exrigger intimate, we have all suffered exactly the same for an inordinately long time; it really was bewildering as to why the TVOC management found it so difficult to understand that communication should be a two-way street, rather than simply passing the begging-bowl around when they were in Queer Street.

i think all will recall the complete and ominous silence for seven wees after first flight in October 2007 - the time when exactly the opposite should've been true. mass jumping up and down, screaming and shouting, and other activities to encourage the release of more information achieved little more than earning the label of "moaners" and "whingers"

this was pretty much the status quo right throughout the summer too (bizarrely!) but it has only really been since October last that changes have been seen by those of us 'at the coal face' so to speak. I'm certain that there are many of hundreds/thousands that are not as close to the project as we are who, given the out-of-season time of year, hear and see very little of 558 or matters-TVOC.

this is not an excuse by any means - the flow of information should be better still, but i really can assure you that there is a distinct change of attitude toward we supporters. it has taken far too long admittedly, but at last it is beginning to be how it should've been months ago.

i still harbour concerns about Dr. P's own effectiveness, but those beneath him are at last showing their true abilities. As I've previously stated, i don't expect everyone to simply believe everything that i say, and I'm not even surprised that there are those that have seen no changes at all, but steps are being taken as we speak - they may be small, but they are vital steps long overdue!

"Every journey begins with a single step"

sm

edit:
Exrigger, from my own conversations with Michael Trotter, i know that there are several planned long-term 'schemes' which will (as long as we can get past this current hurdle) put 558 in a much better situation this time next year.

a couple of these involve me directly and i know how determined Michael is to see them through. one of these is directly connected with the education aspect, to which he is completely committed, and is frankly long overdue.

no guarantees of course, but it's a 100% improvement over this time last year!

sm

Last edited by saracenman; 15th Feb 2009 at 19:14. Reason: adding stuff