PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation regulator in Germany?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2002, 13:53
RAJAM

Thanks again guys...
I read through the links and my understanding is that if you hold an Australian PPL the conversion just stipulates that you must have the total hours that are common to the German licence??
I will fill you in a little further-we had a German student here in Australia that completed his PPL licence and a week before jumping on a plane he went to a CASA office to collect his licence.
This was when he called us and emailed us very upset because he didn't have "radar" on his licence. he said that it was a requirement to convert his licence in germany when he got home. We told him to head along to the airport in Sydney to an Instructor we knew and it would take no time to hop in a plane and fly into "radar controlled airspace" and then his licence would include this which he never did. We received an email from him the morning he was jumping on his return flight to Germany telling us that we wasted his money because he had contacted the Germany IBA and they said without this which apparently is a mandatory requirement for the German PPL that his licence/ hours are worth no more than toilet tissue...
I am upset that he has this idea that we didn't do the right thing for him and have wasted his money..obviously I do care or I wouldn't be here doing my best to find out..
I'm not sure if he is just being misunderstood by them or there is some truth in what he has been told....??
Any more info would be gold!!
I cant for the life of me see where their site states anything to back up this story and their office hasn't emailed me back yet Once again THANKYOU...