PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spinning - recommendations please
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2009, 13:29
Karl Bamforth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want to learn about spins and spin recovery 25 mins really is not enough. For the first 5/6 spins the world goes around the windscreen pretty quickly, only from number seven onwards does it appear to slow down enough to feel you have control.

Its not just the spinning that counts, learn all about it, despite it being considered dangerous and at least one person here indicated he fell queasy it is in fact a stable flight condition which in a well manufactured and balanced aircraft will respond in a quite precise way.

For anyone that has or is thinking about spinning a PA38, have you ever found time to look back as you enter the spin (not recommended if you are in control). I have spun PA38's twice, once in command and the second time as a passenger where I was told to look back at the fin. As an engineer that is something I never want to see again and I will never spin a PA38 again. I have never seen a fin move so much without failing and I now understand why the fin on a PA38 requires so many inspections and modifications.