PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you thought your pension was safe!
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2009, 11:05
Vage Rot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rigger1
.... IT IS NOT GOLD PLATED OUT HERE. I’ve just had Sqn Ldr ops guy who has just started work under me and he was happy to be able to get £29K
Ah - but he's not now spending 4-6 months of every year living in a **** hole in the desert and getting shot at!!

Personally, I was debating leaving or staying. I'm in until 55 and would have to PVR but any hint of not getting my pension until 60 or 65 and I'm off NOW!

I can see this being a HUGE retention issue, if you are past your IPP then why stay? If you are under 30 then why stay any longer for a poor pension? Leave sooner rather than later and, by the time that you retire, you will be higher up in the new company.

Now, if they increase our pay by the 10% that it is abated (yes, our scheme isn't truly non contributory) then we can take out private pensions with the extra money. Chance of that? Zilch, it's being paid to RBS and Lloyds staff in bonuses as we speak!

Also, if they change our pension scheme from the one to which we contracted, can we take the CETV to a new scheme!??? Doubt it!

Nope, definitely time to go!